2face Idibia has finally bowed to Federal Government’s pressure, as he has cancelled his planned nationwide protest against the President Muhammad Buhari’s led Government tomorrow February 6, 2017 due to security challenges.
In an Instagram post and a short video via his official handle @official2baba late Saturday, Tuface announced the cancellation of the protest scheduled to hold in Abuja, Lagos and other parts of the country.
He said, “Dear Nigerians, due to security concerns and public safety consideration, I hereby announce the cancellation of the march.” The popular artiste earlier in the week, called for the support of his fans and colleagues through his social media platforms to join his march against the crippling economic state of the nation.
According to him, the protest will go on as planned since it is meant to tell Nigerian leaders the need to ‘connect with the people’. He said: “I will not keep quiet. I’m just a musician with a point of view and the ear of my fans. “I have dedicated my time and resources to peace building, voter’s education towards peaceful elections and youth engagement in governance in Nigeria. “This march is about demanding that our leaders connect with all the people of Nigeria.” But police warned against the protest after initially promising to provide security.
Police authorities said on Friday they had “credible intelligence” that other groups were planning a counter protests on the same day and at the same venues, saying the event could turn violent.